July 23, 2013

I'm Taking a Break from Blogging

I'm taking a break from blogging about diabetes news. If something major occurs, I'll blog about it, but I'm not going to be posting minor tidbits anymore.

Almost all the news items I've been highlighting here over the past few months just reiterate some point made in a previous post or add more data to support an argument already fleshed out on the main site.

The 500+ posts already to be found here and the hundreds of pages available at the main site http://bloodsugar101.com have covered just about everything you need to know about Type 2 diabetes, diabetes drugs, and diet.  

To find information about a diabetes-related topic use the "Search this Blog and its Cites" link located at the top of the right hand column of this page.

To preserve your health if you have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, just do the following:
1. Learn what blood sugars are truly normal.
2. Learn how blood sugar control works and how it stops working.
3. Learn what blood sugar levels cause diabetic complications and heart disease.
4. Learn how to lower your blood sugar to the safe range using dietary changes.
5. Learn what diabetes drugs are safe and what drugs are dangerous.
6. If you are tempted to try supplements read about what they really do HERE and HERE.


12 comments:

Anna said...

Thank you Jenny!

Christie Brandau said...

Thanks for all you do, Jenny! You have been a lifeline of solid, referenced information and I will miss your posting.

RLL said...

Jenny - like so many, I have been much appreciative of the time and knowledge you have put into this blog. I will be checking your Blood Sugars 101 site from time to time, perhaps you could put update notices there as they occur. Rob

Jenny said...

Rob,

Thanks for your kind words.

I always update the Updates to Blood Sugar 101 blog any time I make a substantive change to the main web site.

She said...

Thank you so much, Jenny. There are no words to say how much your websites mean to so many people. They are a treasure trove of life-saving information and the "old" posts are chock full of relevant and useful data. Wishing you health and a great summer--thank you again Jenny.

ShottleBop said...

Thank you for everything you've done!

v/vmary said...

thank god i found this site and my husband bought a glucose meter. i have been testing like crazy this summer and realized a lot of things i thought were benign (like eating blueberries til full, a few sips of Monster) can spike my blood sugar past 140.

thank you jenny for the most valuable health advice i have found anywhere.

JoBlue said...

thank you so much, Jenny!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I really appreciate all you've done to educate me about my diabetes diagnosis. Hope your future endeavors are fruitful.

Rad Warrier said...

Jenny, I gained a lot from your blogs. Thank you a lot. Hope your break from blogging will be short and you will continue writing insightful and enlightening articles as before.

Best regards,
Rad

Consuelo said...

Dear Jenny,

I only discovered yous site and blog about 5 months ago, about a year after my T2DM diagnosis. Thank you so much for the excellent work you have put to help and educate me and countless others. I hope you go back to blogging in the future.

Keep healthy

Consuelo Soto

Unknown said...

Susan can you please share the brand of bernerine your husband used and dosage. Thank you and God bless