May 4, 2011

The Book, Blood Sugar 101, Is Now Available on Kindle and Nook

It took me a while, but I finally figured out how to convert my book, Blood Sugar 101: What They Don't Tell You About Diabetes to Kindle format without losing the charts, graphs, and layout.
Here's the Kindle link:

Blood Sugar 101: What They Don't Tell You about Diabetes

Several of you have asked me for an e-book version, which is why I'm providing one. If this version proves popular, I'll do the work needed to convert the book to the other e-platforms. Unfortunately, the requirements for Nook and Sony Reader are completely different from those for the Kindle reader, and because the book is so rich in formatting, it's a job to do these conversions.

The Kindle version can also be read on iPads, iPhones, Blackberry and Android phones.

In response to your requests, I've also just uploaded a Nook version.

11 comments:

Anna said...

Wonderful! As much as I love reading paper books, I love having a portable "library", an especially useful resource during certain discussions.

Jenny said...

Anna, I hadn't thought of it in quite that context, but I love the idea of people whipping out their smartphones and citing chapter and verse in "certain discussions!"

Elaine said...

That was my first thought, too. I use the Kindle for iPhone app, so it will be great to have this reference always at my fingertips.

Me said...

Have you looked into the free Calibre application? I believe it can convert books in one e-book format to most other e-book formats if you remove any DRM info.

http://calibre-ebook.com/

Jenny said...

Me,

Now that you mention it, I think I downloaded it a while ago. I'll have to see if it will create the epub version for me in a form that Nook will accept.

OTOH, until someone actually buys a download, I'm not going to put it on the front burner.

Adama said...

YAY!! I'm off to purchase it right now. Thanks so much for doing this Jenny. I love my kindle and I love your site.

birdyboo said...

I'll purchase a Nook version! Your advice has been the best I've seen anywhere. I have the book, but would love a copy for my Nook too.

Jenny said...

I ran my files through Caliber and they formatted a bit wierdly for the nook so I'll have to see if it is possible to straighten them out. Thanks to everyone who downloaded the Kindle version. I am still amazed that there is such a market for the print book, given that the material is all available for free online. So finding out that people will pay for the book that they then can access online is a bit of a head-scratcher--but a nice one!

Sarah said...

I got your book and loaned it to my Dad who can't see the computer screen that well due to vision problems. He still can read books that are clearly printed. He has had diabetes for a long time. I just learned I have a little diabetes, so I was happy to find your site which I like better than of all the low carb health books I've looked at.

Jenny said...

I just uploaded a Nook version. I hope you enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for doing this! Now I can carry it with me on my nook.